Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Education>>

Individual education is important to the world in general, because it’s the key of living a successful life. Education means gaining knowledge, and it’s important because it keeps us aware of what is going on in our surroundings. Without education, many of us would not know how to do certain things. Although we question a lot “how is this math problem actually going to help me in life?” it will help, eventually. (Like when you’re sitting in class counting the minutes until class is over) The purpose of having an education and going to school is to take what we know, and to go beyond what we believe we are capable of. For example, without education and knowledge, Thomas Edison would have never invented the light bulb. Education is also beneficial to communities everywhere, because it’s a form of communicating with the world. In school we learn to read, write, and talk properly, and that is how we are able to understand each other. In agreement with John Green, I believe that education is not about YOU. Education is beneficial to all people. As my 8th grade teacher once said, “You are the future.” All of us in school will one day be the future doctor, teacher, or even president. Education is meant to be passed down because generations get old, therefore the time will come when we all replace the roles of our elders. With my education, I hope to keep on reading all the books left to read at library shelves. For the future, I hope to gain expertise artistically. Education will help me achieve this because it will help develop my skills. In school we learn to interact with others, and that helps artistically, because it helps you to be open-minded, and accept criticism.   

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you have stated. Education does make the world what it is now and even the most mundane classes are necessary in some shape or form. I especially agree with the fact that it even relates to how education was a big deal back in the the old days. It just was not as widely available. Imagine what great things can be done now with an openly available education!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the communication. Although I thought that people learn how to speak read and write at home as well, that still is a form of education and how it is important in society.

    ReplyDelete